- History of Germantown High School
- Physical Development of Germantown High School
- Williams Sisters Set Example for Women
- Attending School in the 1920s
- Mrs. Scruggs to Retire After 53 Years
In 2010 the City of Germantown had grown in population to over 41,000. With this increase in population, the number of public schools had grown from one to many: Germantown High School, Houston High School, Houston Middle School, Germantown Middle School, Germantown Elementary, Farmington Elementary, Riverdale Elementary, and Dogwood Elementary. In addition to the public schools, the community was home to the following private schools: St. George’s Independent School, the Bodine School, the Phoenix School, the Madonna School, Evangelical Christian School, Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic School, and the Memphis Oral School for the Deaf.
Walter Diggs, MC Williams High School 1950 Tennessee Pole Vault Champion