Places of Faith
The Germantown community contains a diversity of people that covers a variety of faiths. All faiths don’t have public worship spaces within the city, but many do. Germantown has traditionally been a city of faith since its founding in the early 19th century. The first to worship here were the Baptists, Methodists, and Presbyterians.
The physical spaces in which people worship often began in someone’s home, in a rented public space, in a space that didn’t anticipate the possibilities of growth, in a different location, and in a different city.
The following list of ‘places of faith’ offers the visitor an inside view, with photographs, to their location, their worship space, their history and their contribution to the community. Each one’s website is also provided so that you may learn more or contact them as you wish.
- Cumberland Presbyterian
- Faith Presbyterian
- Farmington Presbyterian
- Forest Hill Baptist Church
- Germantown Baptist Church
- Germantown Church of Christ
- Germantown Historic Church
- Germantown Presbyterian Church and Chapel
- Germantown United Methodist Church
- Harvest Church
- Kingsway Christian
- New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church
- Riveroaks Reformed Presbyterian Church
- St. George Episcopal Church